Moodle stands for Modular Object Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment, and is the most widely used online Learning Management System (LMS), powering hundreds of thousands of Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) globally with more than 200 million users. Moodle has been adapted for use across education, business, non-profit, government, and community contexts.
Moodle is web-based and can be conveniently accessed anytime, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. Mobile applications allow users quick access to learning modules from mobile devices, not just desktop and laptop computers. Moodle is easy to learn and easy to use, with a simple interface, drag-and-drop features and multilingual capabilities.
Moodle is open source and allows for the development and customization of e-learning applications using PHP language. Moodle developers design, develop, customize and support Moodle LMS. Moodle LMS can be easily deployed on a private secure cloud or server for complete control.
Moodle e-learning tools can be customized to support various styles of teaching and curriculum goals, with features and functionality that support the processes, workflows, reports and needs that matter to your organization.
With the flexibility to support both blended learning and 100% online courses, Moodle can be scaled and optimized for small and large classes and organizations, for a few students to millions of users.
The Moodle development company you choose can have a huge impact on the delivery and quality of your Moodle LMS.
- Look for a company with a deep portfolio of experience and clients, and a demonstrated track record. Don’t just consider reviews. Ask for references and take the time to contact them.
- Choose a company with a dedicated development team. Don’t settle for a free-lance developer. A customized Moodle solution for your business involves much more. Look for a company with full-service capabilities.
- The company should have a good project management tool and be proactive, with frequent deployment. Ask for examples.
- Ask about fixed cost vs. time and materials pricing, and be weary of the lowest cost provider.
- The right company will be able to answer all of your questions and should have questions for you, as well. If they don’t, be suspect.
- If you know what you’re doing when it comes to LMSs and VLEs, that’s great. If you don’t, it’s just as well—that’s why you’re hiring a company to help with Moodle development. They can help you clearly define your requirements and plan your budget.
- Inquire about Moodle plug-ins that can be used to expedite implementation and reduce cost.
- Look for a company that will do the “heavy lifting,” so that you can spend less time configuring and managing your LMS, and more time teaching and/or your other responsibilities.
- Finally, and most importantly, select a company that will be a true strategic partner and demonstrates a genuine interest in your success.
Start your search with ACAP and then keep looking. In fact, we encourage it. Because more than 90% of clients who consider ACAP for Moodle development services, ultimately choose ACAP in the end. As a strategic partner, we work hard to help you succeed. The better you do—the better we do, and we want you to be great.
So please get in touch. Let’s talk about the challenges and opportunities given your particular situation, and how ACAP can tailor a customized Moodle solution best suited to achieve your goals and be successful.
ACAP’s experienced Moodle consultants provide deep architectural and implementation knowledge in Moodle LMS design, information architecture, workflows, development and support, and we offer a wide array of Moodle plug-ins that can be used to expedite implementation and reduce cost.